Our Evolving Response PlanThursday, April 2, 2020
First, REV would like to share just how grateful we are to all of those who are putting their health on the line right now to protect us, everyone from those people in our healthcare facilities fighting this virus head on to the utilities for keeping the power, gas and water running and even those in the grocery stores and pharmacies making sure we can all still get our necessities – THANK YOU!
With that in mind we too at REV have been deemed as an essential services provider as power specialists to support our client’s needs. Our emergency services 24 hour line remains available (403.560.8475) for urgent work. Our field service technicians are available for those that are looking to perform preventative maintenance or take advantage of their downtime to take care of required projects.
Whether on your site, in our shop or at home we are still doing our absolute best to take part in flattening the curve. We have implemented the following measures to accomplish this.
- All suppliers, trades, etc. are not allowed into the REV facility to minimize external contamination.
- We have closed our lunch rooms and implemented a mandatory social distancing program as outlined by Alberta Health Services for the office and shop floor.
- A rigorous handwashing protocol has been implemented for all staff to maintain good hygiene, and cleanliness. Washing hands during breaks, and before entering new locations within the facility are some examples.
- Increased sanitizing within the facility to reduce the chance of contamination.
- The manufacturing shop air handling unit is in operation 24/7 to maintain fresh air intake in the shop, and when able, shop doors are open during operating hours to enhance continual fresh air supply.
- REV’s staff have been self-isolated working from home since March 12th, and have been asked to quarantine themselves in off hours to ensure fit for response when required.
- When required to attend service calls our staff are leaving directly from their homes.
- Travel to our clients’ sites will be via REV company vehicles which are sanitized regularly. No air transit will be utilized at this time. Field personnel have been advised to travel in separate REV vehicles, or via their own vehicles if required, to ensure social distancing is being maintained.
- Social distancing is followed as outlined by Alberta Health Services while at our clients’ facilities. Any situations in which social distancing cannot be maintained are begin remedied by use of the below additional personal protective equipment:
- Reusable respirators equipped with 75SCP100 cartridges
- Disposable nitrile gloves
- While on site, REV Field Service staff restricts work areas from nonessential personnel to minimize risk of contact.
- Over the course of any project within our client’s facilities, our personnel are actively cleaning any surfaces which have been in contact with our personnel. These surfaces are being cleaned with disinfectants such as Spray-Nine, and will be performed at the start, during the course of and upon completion of all projects.
In the end a collaborative approach is what will be required to put this behind us all, and enable us to move on the next challenge. We at REV are proud to do our part and have confidence that all Canadians will also.