The Electrical Designer is responsible for designing the electrical and structural requirements of products to meet customer and code requirements in a timely manner. The Electrical Designer is authorized to make decisions relating to the design but have them approved by the Electrical Design Manager. The Electrical Designer possesses technical proficiency in the specification and design of electrical systems; prepares detailed design calculations and drawings with little supervision.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare detailed design drawings, including:
- General arrangement drawings for electrical “E-Houses”.
- Substation layouts (high, medium and low voltage switchgear, power transformers, structures and buswork, grounding and instrument transformers)
- Auxiliary system drawings (equipment layout, cable tray layout, grounding diagrams, lighting layout, etc.)
- Interconnection drawings
- Control schematics (AC/DC) for switchgear, protection & control panels and PLC cabinets
- Single-Line diagrams
- Three-Line diagrams
- Wiring diagrams (Switchgear cells and Control Panels)
- Communication block diagrams
- Prepare detailed bill of materials for projects
- Prepare lighting and fixture schedules
- Prepare project schedules utilizing MS Project and Excel
- Prepare Customer Integrated Test Plans (ITP)
- Prepare calculations for sizing/selection of commonly used power and control systems (lighting, cabling, batteries, chargers, etc.)
- Prepare equipment heat rejection data tables for electrical E-Houses
- Prepare cable schedules, panel schedules, drawing lists, specifications, and datasheets
- Coordinate with other team members, vendors and clients
- Select appropriate major electrical equipment and materials
- Estimate and adhere to budgets for electrical engineering work
- Interface directly with project manager, clients, electrical utilities and regulatory agencies (Electrical Safety Authority, municipalities, etc.)
- Occasional site visits to acquire information for design and installation of new equipment and retrofits
- Manage project timeline requirements ensuring all deadlines are met
- Submit weekly timesheets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management to ensure REV’s goals and objectives are met
- Performs all duties so as to meet the responsibilities listed in REV’s Safety and Human Resources Policy Manual
- Performs duties according to REV’s quality system procedures and work instructions
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in electrical engineering, or equivalent (P.Eng, CET, RET)
- Minimum 5 years of electrical design experience in ACAD
- In depth knowledge and understanding of customer specifications and design requirements for Major Oilsand Companies
- In depth knowledge of construction methods and installation details related to the Canadian Electrical Code (CSA C22.1)
- Experience with design of Industrial Control Panels (CSA C22.2 No. 14) would be an asset.
- Experience in the Mechanical and Electrical design of LV/MV switchgear would be an asset.
- Ability to sort through complex issues, evaluate information, and make tough appropriate decisions
- Ability to clearly provide information, written and verbal to ensure accurate conveyance of the message
- Able to make decisions quickly on available information using judgement and realistic understating of the issues and take action; keep commitments, deal with emergencies as necessary
- Be an effective change agent in driving a positive work culture
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in a positive and constructive manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport in the relationship
- Ability to influence and inspire the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction
- Ability to manage several different tasks and deadlines while meeting deadline priorities
- Ability to deliver and act in a consistent and trustworthy manner
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: As Soon As Possible
WAGE / SALARY: Competitive Wages & Comprehensive Benefit Package
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Email
CONTACT NAME: Kim Wallace
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please submit your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to REV will be reviewed and remains in strict confidence.
For more information on REV please visit our company website: www.reveng.ca
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.