This position is well suited for a mid-level Power Systems Electrician or Electrical Technologist who is confident working with High Voltage power systems and interested in developing their career through continued field experience and leadership opportunity. With 2-3 years of field service experience, the ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a team player, with the ambition to continue developing their leadership skills. Building your career at REV you will continue to receive extensive training on all safety precautions associated with working on or around high voltage electrical equipment as well as training in the use of a variety of test equipment.
DEPARTMENT: Field Service
REPORTS TO: Field Service Supervisor
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Building your career with REV Engineering as a Field Service Representative you will be provided continued field experience and leadership opportunities. Duties will consist of involvement in Field Service projects and independently coordinating Electrical Maintenance and Commissioning projects at client facilities. Acting as a team leader, the position offers mentorship to apprentice technicians and the opportunity to develop leadership skills for continued development on a career path towards becoming a Field Service Supervisor with REV. The Intermediate Field Service Representative will be responsible for executing the following job functions:
- Continued Field Service involvement and project leadership
- Testing of microprocessor protective relays (Schweitzer, GE Multilin, etc.)
- Doble testing of electrical equipment (Transformers, Circuit breakers, etc.)
- Electrical switching and clearance for isolation
- Testing and commissioning electrical apparatus and protection and control equipment and systems (480/600V 4000A industrial distributions to 240kV 100MVA substations)
- Coordination of smaller projects independently of Supervisors and Project Managers
- Trouble shooting of electrical circuits, and providing support to other field staff in emergency situations
- Being involved in the 24hr emergency response rotation with REV Engineering
- Preparation of technical reports for completed services at clients facilities
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Power Systems Electrician or Electrical Engineering Technologist role
- Power Systems Electrician, Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma or Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited Canadian institution
- Previous experience in an industrial capacity with a notable willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude required, proficient in the use of hand and power tools
- Energetic team player interested in continuing their field experience
- Safety conscious with an interest in continued learning of safety precautions and procedures
- Adaptable to a fast passed work environment
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- Good PC skills with Microsoft Office Products
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Available for intermittent travel of short duration with a minimum notice
- Experience working in variable weather conditions
- Flexibility for 24/7 emergency on call rotation and weekend work
- On the job safety training will include: First Aid, WHIMIS, H2S Alive, CSTS, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Basic Electrical Safety, Arc Flash Awareness
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
WAGE / SALARY: Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefit Package
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Email
CONTACT NAME: Kim Wallace
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please submit your resume to for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV Engineering’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to REV Engineering Ltd. will be reviewed and remains in strict confidence.
For more information on REV Engineering Ltd. please visit our company website: www.reveng.ca
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.