REV is an Electrical Services based company founded in 2008 specializing in Custom Manufactured Products and Turn-Key Solutions that utilizes Field Services and in house Engineering. REV specializes in products related to High Voltage/Power electrical distribution systems.
As a fully accredited member of the International Electrical Testing Association (NETA), REV has elevated requirements and evaluation of our staff’s technical expertise to a measurable recognized ANSI Standard. With our offers and services, REV has positioned itself at the leading edge of the Electrical Power Industry to serve the Western Canadian Market Place.
This position is well suited for an experienced Power Systems Electrician or Electrical Technologist who is confident working with High Voltage power systems. With 5+ years of field service experience, the ideal candidate will be safety conscious with a positive attitude and be a team player, with the ambition to continue developing their leadership skills. Building your career at REV, you will continue to receive extensive training on all safety precautions associated with working on or around High Voltage electrical equipment as well as training in the use of a variety of test equipment.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Building your career with REV as a Field Service Supervisor, you will be provided with continued field experience and leadership opportunities. Duties will consist of leading Field Service projects, independently coordinating Electrical Maintenance, and Commissioning projects at client facilities. The Field Service Supervisor will be responsible for executing the following job functions:
- Providing leadership, motivation, and direct supervision to Field Service personnel in technical training, company safety, and in keeping junior field staff productive. You will be the first line of reporting for the Field Service Representatives on a day-to-day basis.
- Providing continuity between the Field Service staff, Field Service Manager and Project Managers within the Field Service division of REV as well as providing input to employee reviews on a technical level.
- Supervising, coordinating, and providing project direction for larger sized maintenance or commissioning projects.
- Completion of time sheets, time tickets, expenses, and vehicle logs, as well as other office requirements as per Company Policy.
- Requisitioning of job material for project requirements.
- Working with Sales, Project Managers and Field Service Manager to effectively schedule manpower/equipment utilization.
- Maintaining current project schedules and requirements while ensuring other client requests are satisfied.
- Being involved in the 24hr emergency response rotation with REV.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring proper use and assignment of REV equipment, vehicles, property, and assets.
- Responsible for review and approval of test sheets and preparation of technical client reports and quotations, or assigning field personnel to complete, and ensure completion meets client/project schedule and requirements.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Power Systems Electrician or Electrical Engineering Technologist role
- Journeyman Electrician, Power Systems Electrician, Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma or Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited Canadian institution required
- Previous experience in an industrial capacity with a notable willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Previous experience as a Field Service Representative/Tech
- Professional qualities with regards to attitude, appearance, and the ability to self-manage with proven initiative and client focus
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management capabilities
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Company focused attitude and performance
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Available for frequent intermittent travel of short duration, occasionally with minimal notice
- Experience working in variable weather conditions
- Flexibility for 24/7 emergency on call rotation and weekend work
- On the job safety training will include: First Aid, WHIMIS, H2S Alive, CSTS, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Basic Electrical Safety, Arc Flash Awareness
- Must be able to meet customer site Pre-Access requirements
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position, please submit your resume to REV for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match REV’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted will be reviewed by REV and will remain in strict confidence.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.